Has anyone else noticed that Strauss never shows almost any emotion at all? Especially in the episode 100.
you’re watching the show wrong
people misread Strauss so horribly
like, yeah, she’s a hardass and by-the-book, and…
It still doesn’t change the fact she shows no emotion. I mean saying words is one thing, but showing you mean them is another.
The thing is, she does shows emotion. She’s shown anger when arguing with Hotch, she’s been broken heart when she was forced to step away from her job because of her addiction problem, and you could see she was trying pretty hard to help Hotch after “100”, and was not entirely successful in hiding her emotions.
Now, she’s pretty much like Hotch. She’s very professional, which brings the need to be impersonal. Whenever he is at work he has the same exact expression the whole time. He doesn’t show surprise, reliefe, he barely flinched when the team watched Reid being tortured by Tobias. The only time I remember him being the least upset during a case was when Prentiss was being beaten when she and Reid got stuck with those crazy religious people.
In fact, THIS was his face several seconds after he found a man in a mask standing in his living room with a gun pointed to him (I don’t quite remember if he already knew this mask was the reapers)
He didn’t even blink when a shot was fired right to his left.
This is emotionless. Strauss gets upset, surprised, relieved, she shows fear and worries whenever the procedure is the least dangerous (something even JJ doesn’t since she’s used to it, and she’s been shown to be very emotional). She was very sensitive and understanding when dealing with Hotch after “100”, because that’s what he needed. Just because she doesn’t fall to her knees crying dramatically does not means she’s emotionless. We’ve also seen very few scenes in which things get personal to her.
tl;dr: Her heart is in the right place. We’ve seen her in very few situations that required any emotional response at all. Hotch barely blinked when he found a man with a gun in his apartment, but somehow nobody feels the need to bring this up, instead picking on Strauss because she doesn’t ball her eyes out whenever, idk, she pops open a soda can.
- monarchgirl reblogged this from soswaggieeeee and added:
- jayneatkinsonfangirll reblogged this from soswaggieeeee and added:
- theshowthatkillsyou reblogged this from yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic
- i-want-both reblogged this from yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic
- dereks-brows likes this
- a-criminal-mind reblogged this from yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic
- verysuperjewish likes this
- yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic reblogged this from freakingdork
- freakingdork reblogged this from ironlobster
- lintu91 reblogged this from yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic
- ssaalexblake likes this
- sophiedarlin likes this
- o-aida likes this
- my-life-as-molly reblogged this from yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic
- crissvoncolfer likes this
- mcgarrygirl78 likes this
- mcgarrygirl78 reblogged this from captainhera
- captainhera reblogged this from ironlobster and added:
- ironlobster reblogged this from larrytiger and added:
- larrytiger reblogged this from ironlobster and added:
- party-in-the-morgue reblogged this from criminalmeta
- xchelsemilyy likes this
- yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic likes this
- andyoushallbreatheagain likes this
- movedlery reblogged this from ironlobster
- waytogowonderwhore reblogged this from justjasper
- lyricalnerd likes this
- asinisterquest likes this
- widowings reblogged this from justjasper and added:
- sugarbowlcode reblogged this from justjasper
- justjasper reblogged this from soswaggieeeee and added:
- soswaggieeeee posted this